Wema Bank ALAT Mobile App is a digital bank app that lets you transact easily in the comfort of your home from your mobile devices.
In this post, you will get to know about ALAT, its key features, and how to download and create an account for mobile transactions.
What is ALAT?
ALAT is Wema Bank’s new digital bank. With ALAT, all Wema Bank customers can carry out every banking transaction from the comfort of their phones.
The three main aim of this new initiative from Wema Bank is simplicity, reliability and convenience. With the Wema bank app, you can send money conveniently to any bank in Nigeria, you can pay bills, buy airtime/ data and even request a loan.
Let’s see other uses of the ALAT Wema bank app
Benefits of Wema Bank ALAT
- Get to save money with discounts on your everyday needs.
- Enjoy ALAT exclusives including automated savings goals with up to 10% interest and discounts.
- With Group Target & Rotating Savings, you can save with your friends.
- More banking power is within reach, wherever you can connect to the internet.
- You can request a virtual dollar card to pay online in dollars.
- Get personal loans with ease.
- You can open an account in less than 5 minutes with ALAT
- ALAT enables you to schedule transfers and bill payments.
- Free bank card delivery anywhere in Nigeria.
- Easy management and control of your bank card from your phone.
- No hidden charges.
How to Download ALAT Mobile App
Below is how Android and iOS users can get Wema Bank’s digital banking app ALAT;
- For Android users, download the ALAT app on Google play store
- For iOS users, download the ALAT app on the Apple App Store
If you’re already an existing member of Wema Mobile, go ahead and log in to ALAT with the same login details and follow the on-screen instructions.
New users who aren’t on Wema Mobile can sign-up on ALAT by following the prompts on the screen.
A good reason to download the Wema Bank ALAT mobile app is that you’ll be able to do much more transactions like paying bills, buying airtime and data, and sending and tracking all your banking transactions than was previously available on the Wema Mobile.
And Wema Bank will no longer provide updates for the other mobile app (Wema Mobile). Moving forward, ALAT is their only functional mobile platform. Also, remember that Wema Bank transfer USSD code is *945#. You can use the code for various banking purposes without internet access and works on all networks.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I open an ALAT account without going to a bank?
Must I provide my BVN to open an ALAT account?
Central Bank regulations require you to have a BVN to own a fully functional account. We need your BVN to automatically retrieve your personal information so you won’t need to fill out a lengthy form when signing up.
How do I change my ALAT password?
To change your password, click Settings then click Change My Password.
Can I request a loan with an ALAT Lite account?
No, you cannot. To request a loan, you must upgrade your account by uploading a photo of your government-issued identity card (international passport, driver’s license, national ID card or voter card) and a photo of a utility bill (not older than three months) with an address matching the contact address on your ALAT profile.